Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Orders

I am amazed! After nearly a week of fighting just to get one of Jared's RIPs, it took them less than a day to process everything and email the final orders to me! I called TMO (the moving office) this morning to find out what I needed to do to set up our PCS (move or permanent change of station). I went in this morning, filled out paperwork, and have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. However, our requested dates are to be packed up on December 3rd (Thursday) and picked up on December 4th (Friday). Jared will be out processed by the end of that Friday and ready to start C-17 school at Altus on Monday. YIPPIE!

So it looks like we've got just over a month left in good old Enid, America. I will be heading to Ohio while Jared heads to Altus, but he'll be home for Christmas and I will be flying out to visit him at least once before he graduates. And then, it's on to California!

I called the housing office at Travis yesterday as well. Apparently we can't even get on the housing list until we arrive and Jared checks in. Sigh! Not the news I was hoping to hear. However, because Jared is doing a TDY enrout (going to stop at another base for his school on the way to Travis) our eligibility date for housing in California will be back dated. So once we get on the list in March/April we should jump up pretty high because our eligibility date will be December 4, 2008 since that's when we're leaving Vance. Confused?! Yeah, me too.

But anyway, barring another paperwork disaster, things are falling into place and getting organized. And all Jared will have to do once he gets back from SERE is golf and out processes.

Keep praying for him as he enters the evasion part of the field training. Today and tomorrow they split off from their element group into pairs and have to evade their captors! But he's only got two more nights in the woods left.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Our life together begins

Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers