Well, have officially left Vance AFB and Enid, America. Yesterday morning, at about 6am we left the keys to our house on the counter and got on the road (412 to be exact) and started our journeys away from Enid. It was a bit funny, because as I drove East on 412, Jared was driving West on the same road. He made it safely to Altus AFB in SW Oklahoma and begins C17 copilot school tomorrow. I also made it home (after a LONG 16 hours) with the cat to my Momma's in Ohio.
Jared was not at all sad to see Enid and Sunridge (where we lived) go! His none too sentimental comment was "every time I think of this place I'll think of airsick bags. GOODBYE!" I was not sad too leave Sunridge, and 98% not sad to leave Enid. But it's always hard tearing apart and packing away your home. And of course, we'll both miss many good friends we made! It's going to be odd when we set up house again and Andy is no longer around.
So Jared is on to copilot school and I'm in Ohio for the duration. Going to do lots of visiting family and friends and, finally, get excited for Christmas! Jared will fly to Ohio for Christmas, December 23- January 3, and then I am planning to fly back to Oklahoma to visit him for about a week over presidents day in February. He is scheduled to graduate C17 school on March 24, 2010 and then we'll hit the road for California. (Since we're getting rid of my car in Ohio for a new one in California we only have to drive one car that trip)!
So that's the latest. It's going to be a challenging few months for very different reasons from pilot training; namely being apart and trying to live without most of our things. I'm not very good at these transition times. However, we know it'll all turn out well and there is a perfect house waiting for us, and all our stuff, in California! For now, we're just going to enjoy the Christmas season. (And getting through the start of school for Jared!)

No comments:
Post a Comment