Friday, April 8, 2011

A spring week

Nerd alert. J and I are avid golf fans. Once spring arrives we spend most of our Sunday afternoons snuggled on the couch after church watching golf tournaments on TV. J is a good golfer. He went out for his first round of the year last weekend. I've golfed, but it's sporadic and not very pretty. I think the two things are related.

This week marks the start of The Masters and thus the start of spring in this house. It's our favorite tournament to watch. Unfortunately I don't think J will get to actually watch this year. I may record some of Sunday for him depending on what else is lurking on the DVR.

Another sign of spring is strange weather. Wowie! Yesterday we had it all: sun, rain, hail, snow, thunder, lightening, and even a tornado! The poor cat was terrified. The thunder was so intense the house was shaking. The lightening looked like someone had just set off a flash bulb in front of my eyes. In one hour the temperature dropped about 20 degrees. From slip flops back to fuzzy boots and a fleece sweatshirt.








J is still on a trip. With an impending government shut down I am praying he will be able to make it home. Once he's back then we can worry about the possibility of living without paychecks. 

"God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel” –Benjamin Franklin, Constitutional Convention of 1787

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea" - Psalm 46:1-2

This week I started a new book, finished my second quilt and I will update you on those things next week! Promise. (How are you liking the 30 day photo challenge?)

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! What crazy weather.
    I thought our weather was crazy.
    Poor cat.

    I love your Easter background!

    ReplyDelete


Our life together begins

Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers