So last week I was totally MIA because we had visitors. I always so look forward to guests, and then somehow the visit itself always flys by at light speed. Why is that? It's just not fair! But I really shouldn't complain, it was a lovely, low-key, cozy visit. We rambled over to Napa twice, got a VIP tour of the Travis flight line and a C17, did too much shopping (but really, is there such a thing as too much shopping...?), ate out, cooked in, read, soaked up sunshine, bought goodies at the Davis farmers market, played cards, planned a new quilt, got a mani-pedi (the girls did anyway)... it was fabulous week.
Now the house is empty. I haven't even re-stocked the fridge or cleaned the house. I'm missing the smell of coffee in the morning (a sure sign that someone is visiting), and not having to email, call or text Mom whenever I want to tell her something. It was a quiet and rather depressing weekend. And although I'm certainly in better spirits today, it's still too quiet around here.
They may not be the October picture a day photos, but I think these are better!! Pictures from last week...
And one last picture. No joke this is what we woke up to the day after they left (We were driving to church). Fitting weather for a most depressing weekend!






















No comments:
Post a Comment