So to play catch up... Our weekend of Christmas parties went well. It was busy, but nice to see many friends. It seems that this year the calendar has been full early in December, which is nice. We have a fairly empty schedule from now until Christmas. That means long, do-nothing, go-nowhere weekends ahead. A true gift. Here's a snap shot from our party Saturday...
Joy Dare Day Eight: A gift hung, held, heard
Holding J's hand. It's only the first week of 3 months of week day separations, but I missed him a lot. And that was my only picture of the day. My gift hung was J's flight suit on it's peg in our room. My gift heard was singing Christmas carols around the tree with our small group from church.
Joy Dare Day Nine: Three gifts ugly beautiful
No pictures at all this day. (I blame it on J being home.)
1. A mess in our bedroom; J's shoes, bag, odds and ends cluttering up his bedside table, clothes on the floor, a pile of his shoes. I hate mess. I hate disorganization. It makes me physically uncomfortable. But it also means he's home.
~
2. A sink full of dirty dishes. They were too many and too large to fit into one load of the dishwasher and so there they sat. But it means I have someone home to cook for.
~
3. Hair. Small black hairs all over my bathroom, in the sink, the tub, on the the floor. From a mini hair cut for a handsome boy I know. More mess, more consequences of having my love at home.
Joy Dare Day Ten: Three gifts unframed art






love you. xo
ReplyDelete