Monday, March 25, 2013

Fun Internet Stuff

Since being stuck in a hotel room for the last, well technically month, I've been doing a lot of internet surfing.

There has been far too much Pinterest lately:
 
I've seen only two weeks of late winter in this new state, but already I am convinced that gardening and farmers markets will consume whatever summer there is here. Which inevitably leads to canning and preserving to make it last through these long and harsh winters. This actually looks like a really great resource!
  
 These are called buttermilk beignets. What that means is fried dough and obscene amounts of powdered sugar (one of my favorite things on earth). Need I say more? These will be made once I am in possession of my own kitchen again.
 
 I love chickens. I love eggs. One day I want a picturesque little backyard chicken coop. I do understand the ridiculousness of this Pin. But it illustrates that I've been on that website far, far too often as of late
 ~
I've been listening to a lot of Pandora. Now that's not particularly unusual. What is a smidge unusual is that I'm actually paying attention to it, bookmarking songs, albums, and artists that capture my attention. I've been listening to my country hymns station mostly; because it's comforting, because the lyrics help me get through some of these not so fun days, and because it reminds me of my Grandma P.
 
Here is some of my newly bookmarked music with links to the MP3 files and song previews.
 
"A new record is refreshing amongst the many modern worship albums that have been released lately. Here we have a collection of untraditionally traditional Sunday morning hymns played in a modern fashion by this singer/songwriter Jadon Lavik."
 
I'm not typically a folk music admirer. The a capella song Long Time Traveler on this CD caught my attention. Beautiful song.
 
Instrumental Hymns on the piano. When I heard one of the songs on Pandora I had to find out what CD it was from. Piano music always reminds me of my Momma. This is very soft and pretty.
 ~
The rest of these internet finds are random and in no particular order.
 
 
Nerd alert. Yes, this is a 1,000 piece puzzle based on a BBC/PBS show. I realize this puts me into the cool things 80 year old ladies enjoy category. I'm good with that. I really think I need to buy this...
 
I. Love. This. Dress. It just looks so darn comfy! It's not even available until the end of April, but I'm seriously considering a pre-order. I'm also considering sleeping in this as well as wearing it to church.
 
I had pretty grand gardening plans for this spring and summer. Since we'll be apartment dwellers instead of home dwellers, this severely cramps my gardening style. However, I am determined to plant a few things! I want my own herbs. And I am going to order these little gems; the sweetest darn tomatoes you'll ever taste. It's like eating candy. I don't even really like tomatoes, especially not raw, but I pop these like crack candy. Side note: this is one of my favorite seed catalogs/websites!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Our life together begins

Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers