Last weekend we had our third snow of the season. But I'd say it was our first "real" snow. Sunday afternoon it just started to snow and snow ... and snow! We usually meet with our small group (Bible study) from church on Sunday evenings. Just off the base at their satellite campus in Emerado. This week however the plan was to drive all the way into town and have a pizza dinner at our favorite pizza place. We made it, but did a fair bit of slipping and sliding on the way. It snowed a little bit more on Monday and didn't all completely melt until Wednesday.
Wednesday it decided to get to 55 degrees. This caused major sinus headaches at our house. It was about a 50 degree temperature swing in about 36 hours. Good grief. I miss the ability to consume Advil!
Otherwise our week has been quiet. I've had more energy (although I'm still having to take medicine for nausea) and I got the house cleaned, laundry done, grocery shopping and errands all done, roasted a chicken, have been working on a sewing project, etc. all this week!
J's been busy at work. Flying, sims, and his office job.
Last night we met Andy at the country club for dinner. That was a nice treat after spending the entire day cleaning house. No cooking or dishes and I enjoyed a delicious walleye. We even went for frozen yogurt after dinner in town.
Today is Friday. Pizza night. It was about 25 when I woke up and there was a heavy frost; it almost looked like it had snowed again. I've got the classical Christmas station playing on Pandora and a mug of hot tea. Shortly it's back to that sewing project (which I'll post about after it's been gifted in December).
J doesn't have to work this weekend and there is an Ohio State game on Saturday! Should be a quiet, cozy weekend here.

No comments:
Post a Comment