Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter 2014

P1000498 P1000499
I’m going to start by saying I hate these pictures. I’ve reached the extra large puffy stage of pregnancy. No, I’m truly not fishing for compliments. Absolutely nothing anyone says would make me feel less huge and/or puffy. But someday I may be glad I stuck these photos in the 2014 blog book. Happy Easter 2014! Our last "childless" holiday. Next Easter we'll have an almost one year old?! PS- I think J looks pretty handsome! He’s down 13 lbs. and did awesome on his PT test last week. 

easterprep

This was some of our Easter prep work from Saturday. J hard boiled eggs and helped me make 6 pounds of apples into applesauce. I made grandma’s rolls and cupcakes from scratch. It was a lot of work for a pregnant lady, but well worth it. Easter dinner was delicious; we also had a fall off the bone ham, green beans with butter and almonds and mashed potatoes. Unfortunately I ate too much of everything and paid for it by feeling yucky the rest of the evening. Oh well. I think it’s safe to say it was our last really big, really nice dinner for a bit. Probably also the last time I'll be seeing my china for a bit as well.

easter food

J surprised me with some peeps and chocolate marshmallow eggs on Easter morning. Very sweet since I’d been looking for peeps, but I couldn’t find them anywhere? Hello people, it’s Easter! He got his customary caramel Cadbury egg.

Then we went to church. I’m glad we did, it wouldn’t be Easter without church. But getting dressed up is harder than it once was and our church did a giant combined service downtown with around 2,000 people which resulted in an extra long and quite hot service. We were happy get to home, comfortable and open the windows to a beautiful, sunny 70 degree day!

One Easter casualty this year; those hard boiled eggs. After all my cooking earlier in the day I was too tired to do anything but crash with some ice cream and watch The 10 Commandments Saturday night. And then we settled down to watch golf and I finished up bean’s quilt after Easter dinner Sunday so we never did color any eggs… Although I ate one this morning for breakfast.

So Easter is over, and it marked week is #37 of my pregnancy. We are officially into month 10. Why don’t they explain that you’re really pregnant for 10 months anyway?!

J has his instructor upgrade academics through Thursday; we’re praying I don’t go into labor so he gets that all finished. I also have some appointments that I’d like to keep this week, namely an adjustment with my chiropractor and an hour long massage.

The last "big" item on our to-do list before Bean's arrival was to install the car seat. that got done at lunch time Monday. It wasn't as hard as I feared, and now it's in and we are good to go. At least as good to go as you possibly can be... of course after Thursday!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Our life together begins

Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers