Thursday, April 23, 2015

Recently

The first day of spring started without snow, then it was flurries and it ended frankly, depressing and white. IMG_20150320_090552 IMG_20150320_185624

New recipe: Brownie Cookies
Ingredients
  • 2 ounces, weight Baking Chocolate (unsweetened Or Bittersweet)
  • 2 sticks Softened Butter
  • 2 cups Sugar
  • 3 whole Large Eggs
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
  • 2-1/4 cups Flour
  • 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
  • 1 Tablespoon (additional) Cocoa Powder
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • Powdered Sugar, For Dusting
Preparation Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stir, and let it cool.
Mix the butter and sugar together until totally combined. With the mixer on low, slowly drizzle in the cooled chocolate. Scrape the bowl and mix again. Mix in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Scrape the bowl once more and mix.
Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Stir it together, then add it in scoops to the mixing bowl with the mixer on low. Scrape the bowl once and mix one final time until all combined.
Scoop generous tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with a baking mat or parchment, then bake them for 11 minutes until poufy and set. Remove them from the oven, let them sit on the pan for 1 to 2 minutes, then remove them to a baking rack to cool completely. Once cool, sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.IMG_20150320_161334

Snowy sunriseIMG_20150323_091756

J, as always, remembered that March 20th marked 13 years together as a couple! From high school, to married couple, to Air Force couple, to most recently a family of 3! It’s been quite a journey. I’m so blessed to have J. IMG_20150323_091544

We celebrated my niece's first birthday in April! I can hardly believe it. I still vividly remember when my sister went into labor. I laid in bed that night praying. Every time I woke up to use the bathroom (9 months pregnant myself) I checked my phone. The next morning I was shopping at the commissary and praying up and down every aisle. I kept texting my Mom. The waiting was excruciating. And then my Mom called me and I heard MJ crying in the background. It was the best thing ever!!! IMG_20150409_082926

Came home from Florida to find a new magazine subscription from my Momma. And not only one copy, but two! I’m excited to try some new recipes.  IMG_20150410_160609

Tradition! Watching The Masters. It is by far the best major tournament. I was thankful that this year it was nice here and not subarctic and snowing. It really did feel like spring. IMG_20150412_163749

New books. These are up next on my non-fiction list. IMG_20150415_142355

Sewing C’s birthday banner. I can’t wait to put it up. And I can’t believe that it’s almost time to celebrate her first birthday?!  IMG_20150418_093323




No comments:

Post a Comment


Our life together begins

Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers