Monday, November 2, 2015

Second Halloween

We aren’t Halloween fanatics by any stretch of the imagination. I have in fact never in my life even dressed up in a Halloween costume. But it’s fun to have something to celebrate as winter looms. An excuse to buy candy, bake cookies and carve pumpkins.

While J was on nights I took C down to the local pumpkin patch. We took her last year, but she didn’t care. This year she loved looking at the goats and chickens (making the appropriate animals noises) running in the baby corn maze, and generally just being outside. The pictures aren’t great because it was just the two of us. But it was a fun time. And we picked her first pumpkin out!
IMAG2715 IMAG2716IMAG2726 IMAG2727 IMAG2728 IMAG2729IMAG2731
IMAG2718IMAG2724 IMAG2720

We carved her pumpkin on the 29th. J went out of town the next day and was gone over the weekend. His Grandma Mary passed away in September and her memorial service was in Ohio on the 31st. So he and his brother had a whirlwind 48 trip back.

Back to the pumpkin carving. C was very unsure. She doesn’t like to be dirty, at least have her hands dirty. So pulling out the “guts” was my job. J did the carving. Once it was all done she was interested, but not enamored. But once we took her out later that night to light the candle inside she was thrilled with it!
IMAG2771IMAG2775 IMAG2777 IMAG2778

We watched The Great Pumpkin several times in preparation for Halloween this year.
IMAG2701

On Halloween night there were never any plans to go out trick-or-treating. I’m glad because it was a dismal day with high wind, rain in the morning and a very chilly and gusty night for the kids. There were a lot of cars out because kids were going up one street and being driven to another. I don’t blame them with the wind.

Anyway, C and I had homemade spice cookies (her first cookie) and handed out candy. She loved it. She would watch out the window and when people knocked on the door would yell “hi!” and help me give them candy and tell them “bye!” She even gave a very impressive growl to a little boy in a werewolf costume. I had many compliments from parents and older kids alike about how sweet and adorable she was. We had lots of fun!
IMAG2800

And thus our Halloween is ended. And very slowly (because otherwise J would be quite unhappy) we’re getting into the Christmas spirit. But yes, Thanksgiving is first! I need to order our turkey from the butcher in town and make some things to put in the freezer. Otherwise it’ll be here before we know it and I’ll be too tired to do anything!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. Maybe it's time for you to dress up and trick or treat. :) xo

    ReplyDelete


Our life together begins

Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers