Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Frustrated

I will forewarn you, this is a vent. This is not a happy blog.

First, I'm going to be selfish and vent about me. I am sick of work! Last week I worked everyday for them. Partly because I know vacation is coming and I wanted to make some extra money. Also, partly because I know they are short staffed (again?!) and I know first hand that it really sucks being full time when the office is short. Not only did I work extra, I picked up a weeks worth of being on-call for them. I worked all freaking weekend! I did a horrible start, that the office knew was going to be a horrible start when they gave it to me.
(Perhaps I should clarify for some, I am working as a home health nurse right now. I am working part time and make my own schedule, no minimum required. A start is an RN visit for beginning our services on a totally new patient. Even in the best of circumstances they are a lot of work. End of clarification.)
Monday I call to give extra report on the weekend worth of work I do, and what do they say, can you come in and work today? Um, NO! Then I check my schedule for the next day, to be sure I have 1 visit instead of 2 to find out I have 6 visits?! SIX?! So I call and politely say, I can only do 2 tomorrow (like I told you last week), and no one even told me you were putting 4 extra people on there. What do I get, snide comments. Grrrrrrr.... Then I checked my schedule for tomorrow, and I have 2 patients out of town, but in totally opposite directions. When I point this out and ask to have something closer together, I again, get no results and rude remarks. Shortly after that call, I get another person in the office calling to ask for a bunch of things from the orientation project I'm doing so they can inservice on it TOMORROW. OY! PEOPLE ARE RUDE. I AM SICK OF WORK. I AM NOT BEING NICE AND WORKING EXTRA EVER AGAIN. I DO HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE OF WORK EVEN IF YOU DON'T. !

My second vent is on behalf of Jared. Yesterday he got stuck flying with a really crappy IP. He's an older guy getting ready to retire who has been passed up for a promotion. He's bitter. Jared and his flight partner (a guy who failed his last flight) go to their pre-brief and spend the entire hour plus getting screamed at. Their flight planning sucks, they suck, they suck so bad the IP wants to kill himself, etc. Nice! So as they are getting ready to go fly (and I mean, who wouldn't be ready for a great flight after a brief like that?!) their flight commander comes up to them and apologizes for the other IP and says he's sorry they have to fly with him. Well you are the stinking FLIGHT COMMANDER, if you know this guy sucks then why let him fly with your students?! POOR LEADERSHIP. So Jared has a good flight despite the horrible IP (because he's brilliant). The other guy has a terrible flight because A.) he's shaken from failing his last flight in the first place and B.) he's getting screamed at the entire time. End result, the IP gave them a fair, one grade away from a fail. He told Jared he flew great, but the other guy sucked and their flight planning (apparently) sucked, so they both get a bad grade. AWESOME. not. Then later this super amazing IP (PLEASE note the EXTREME sarcasm) walks into the flight room and rips apart a FAIP (first assignment instructor pilot) in front of everyone, while also referencing his horrible students (my husband being one of them) in front of everyone. URGH!!!!! Sometimes I wish I could just walk into that flight room and give them a piece of my mind. Of course Jared was not happy, but he was more concerned about his flight partner than himself.

Anyway, I just needed to get that out. It's only Tuesday and I already feel like this week has been forever. I'm just in such a weird, bad, restless mood. I need a good scream! SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you actually made it to the end of this, congratulations. I promise to be in a better mood next blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Ashley. You are not alone, and neither is Jared. There are lots of times I've heard of military members not getting the credit they fully deserve. God knows what Jared deserves, and He will give His full reward. As for you working extra hours, I can't say I understand how the nursing thing works, but stick to your guns, girl, and set the boundaries you want and hopefully the people will learn that when you put your foot down not to mess with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're having a rough week and Jared had a crappy IP. Here's praying you have a better week next week!

    ReplyDelete


Our life together begins

Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers