Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Plane Rides

So much has happened since I last wrote. It's hard to know where to start or how to cover it all.

Last Saturday, May 16th, I flew to Ohio. Despite a very delayed flight out of Oklahoma City, I made it to Canton on a later flight safe and sound. My friend, and the bride-to-be, Carey came over to visit that night and the time at home began.

Abbie was home both weekends I was there, and we were back to sharing our old room again. It was fun talking until we fell asleep. We both went to church together that first Sunday. (Luke always works in the back during church services.) I got to see Mom play piano and it was the first time I had been to the new service at our church.
Monday Momma and I cooked up homemade wedding soup. I realized that I miss having girls around to cook with. It's more fun, and easier. The soup was a hit all around.

Tuesday I got to see Carey's new house, a beautiful log cabin, and help her move in some things and do a little cleaning in preparation for Family coming in for the wedding. That day I also got to meet Emma, my friend Colleen's first baby. It was lots of fun; she is a little doll!
Wednesday I got my hair done, bliss, saw Emma again, and went shopping with Momma. It was so exciting to go to real stores that weren't over an hour away! And I got my Auntie Anne's pretzel fix at our real mall.

Thursday the biggest news by far was from Oklahoma. Jared flew his first check ride in the T-1. He had to fly it without a partner since the guy he was supposed to fly with, failed the previous ride. We were both pretty anxious about the ride, it makes up 40% of his final ranking to determine his final plane. However, God answered prayers and Jared not only passed the ride, but got an excellent!! That's the best grade, and pretty hard to do on a check ride. He was super excited and I can't even begin to explain how happy and proud I was! At my mom's that day we made lots of goodies; lasagna, cheesecakes, lemonade pie, etc. I got to see my step-brother, Steve, for a cookout at lunch and hear all about his trucking adventures.

Friday was our zoo day! We've been planning this day for months. Momma, Dan, Luke, Abbie and I took a day trip up to the Cleveland zoo. The weather was perfect and we got to see a lot of animals. That night we went to an Akron Aeros baseball game and had lots of ballpark junk food and watched some great fireworks after the game. It was an awesome day!

Saturday started the wedding festivities. The girls involved in the wedding met up in the morning for manicures and pedicures. We went out to lunch, and then spent some time at Momma's giving gifts and eating yummy desserts. That night was the rehearsal at the Akron park where the wedding took place, and dinner at a local Mexican restaurant in Canton.
Sunday was the big wedding day! The weather was perfect, and everyone had a great time. I was so glad that I was able to be there to be a part of such a special wedding. The bride and groom are currently honeymooning in Oregon.

Unfortunately the week went by about as fast as this blog! I had to be at the airport at 5:30 the next morning to fly back to Oklahoma. All those flights were on time and I made it back just fine. The Blakes had a little cookout that evening and it was nice to be welcomed home by our little gang. Jared sure missed me and he even cleaned and did laundry for my return home. Such a sweet boy!

I'm including some pictures from my trip below.
Miss Emma Madison meets her Aunty Ashley
A snake at the rain forest in the Cleveland Zoo
Big, brown grizzly bear
Giant Turtle
Giraffes
Beautiful, but loud, parrots
What an awesome lion

Luke, Abbie and I after our day at the Zoo

The Akron Aeros baseball park

Siblings after the baseball game and ready for fireworks!

The wedding ceremony site on Sunday

The blushing bride, and my dear friend, Carey

Carey and Tony saying "I Do"

Sisters on the wedding day

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great visit at home! Congrats to Jared for getting an excellent! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete


Our life together begins

Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers