Friday, February 26, 2010

Four less teeth

Well, the wisdom teeth (plus a problem molar) are all gone. They took their leave this past Tuesday morning. Overall, it wasn't as horrible as I'd expected.

However, I must back up. I have a trip to write about before the event of losing my teeth.

Trip: Altus, Oklahoma. Because of a freak southern snow storm I almost didn't make it to Oklahoma at all. As it was I had to fly out a day late and all of my flights that day were delayed. It was not a fun traveling experience. However, I made it to Oklahoma City on Valentines day and we celebrated by going out to an Italian restaurant and seeing the new movie Valentines Day. It was also our friend Kimberly's birthday, so we had a cake to celebrate.

Jared and I left for Altus on Monday afternoon. The drive is quite a boring one; besides the town of Lawton, where the Army base Ft. Sill is located, there is nothing. Just before you arrive in the bustling town of Altus (literally, all 2 roads of it) you will see Mt. Altus (all 1500 ft. of it) on your right. Besides the small base, there isn't much else to see. It makes Enid look quite amazing!

I suppose it didn't help that everything was still in ruins from the ice storm. All the trees are quite destroyed, there are limbs and brush everywhere. Sad.

I did get to sample some local cuisine while I was there. On Monday we went to Val's for their $2.99 burger and fries. The food was pretty good, the clientele was very interesting. Wednesday we went to a local Italian place the boys like. I wasn't a huge fan, I liked our place in Enid much better!

Most of the week we spent sitting in Jared's pathetic dorm room watching the Olympics. But, oh, it was so nice to be together.

We went back to Oklahoma City to celebrate my birthday the next weekend. Kimberly made me a cake and we went out to dinner. My return to Ohio was almost as eventful, as Delta had me booked on a return flight March 21 instead of February 21. Sigh! But we got it figured out in the end.

Monday was mostly a great day. Mom and I had a spa day for my birthday. We got facials and pedicures and had our hair done. It was a lovely, distracting day. But, despite such a nice day I didn't sleep very well.

Tuesday morning was rather wretched. But Abbie and Mom took me to the oral surgeons and away we went. I wanted Mom to go back until I fell asleep, but they flatly refused! I think Mom was more upset about that than I was. I remember being hooked up to a bunch of monitors, having oxygen and getting an IV. Then I remember the surgeon pushing some drugs in my IV and saying I felt funny ... Next thing I knew I was still laying there waiting for them to start! When the nurse told me it was all done. Ha!

I've been pretty sore, and groggy from all the medicine. But today I am finally starting to feel better.

Jared has had a busy week alone at Altus. His simulator check ride is this morning. I know he'll do well! He got 100% on his big test the week I was there. he is brilliant.

This next week I have our taxes to finish and then I really must lay all the plans for our move. But until next week I'm not even going to contemplate that 'to do list'.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that's all behind you. The anticipation is the worst! I miss Napoli's too!

    ReplyDelete


Our life together begins

Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers