"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9
Well, it's March. Seems like it was just December and I was making the long drive to Ohio from Oklahoma with seemingly endless time at "home" stretching before me.
But this is the month in which we are going to start the end of our big move ... that we really started back in the beginning of December.
For Jared that means getting busier at Altus, working Saturdays and preparing for his three end of course flights in the C-17. I am also hoping he will start to get his dorm room organized to go back into suitcases and boxes which will ultimately fit back into the car ... but I have a feeling he'll be waiting on me for that.
Before I can head back out to Oklahoma I have my own list of things to get done here.
I must sort through what I brought to Ohio and determine what gets packed into boxes and shipped to California and what gets packed into a suitcase and comes with me. This is going to entail some serious skill to combine clothes for a cold Oklahoma and a warm California.
I have to figure out a plan for the cat. Right now it looks like he is going to have to stay in Ohio for a while yet. Once we are somewhat settled in California, the plan is to put him on a plane to us! But I have no idea about exactly what that will entail, how much it will cost, etc.
This week I am getting our taxes done and filed. Not terribly hard or exciting, but one more thing that must be checked off my list.
The only other big thing I can think of that needs done here before I go, is a last root canal. Sigh. Not fun and very expensive, but it needs to be done and over with. Then, I HOPE, my teeth issues will be completely fixed and behind me!
The list that we have to conquer when we get to California is quite daunting. The larger items include figuring out our housing situation and most likely finding temporary housing while we wait for a place on base. I need to find a job. And Jared has to acclimate to being a co-pilot with a unit who is currently deployed.
Trying really hard to NOT think about the list we are facing once we get to Travis. I have quite enough to be getting on with right here and right now. We would appreciate your prayers for us, and everything we need to deal with, in the upcoming weeks.

Do you think in 20 years we'll be seasoned pros at moving across the country/ world? Maybe we'll be like "oh just another move" instead of "I'm freaking out/ don't know where to start?" =) I'll probably still freak out. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.
ReplyDeleteNope, I'm sure I'll still freak out as well!! Hope things start going your way over there!!!
ReplyDelete