
“Now, we have inscribed a new memory alongside those others. It’s a memory of tragedy and shock, of loss and mourning. But not only of loss and mourning. It’s also a memory of bravery and self-sacrifice, and the love that lays down its life for a friend–even a friend whose name it never knew. “ - President George W. Bush 2001
*******************************************************************
I wanted to sneak a "real time" update in here amidst the fun vacation posts. So here's a copy of the family email that went out at the end of the week:
We are watching the first NFL game of the season and pretending its fall. I've got cinnamon stuff burning, hot tea, and thankfully it's always cold at night so our windows are open. Never mind that it is supposed to be 100 degrees again tomorrow... Sigh.
Jared is still fighting a cold. But he's going to brave that and the heat and play a golf tournament with the squadron commander tomorrow afternoon. (They got second place complete with a great trophy!)
We are having friends over tomorrow night for pizza. Yum :)
The squadron's annual garage and bake sale fundraiser is this Saturday. I baked two dozen blueberry muffins in my airplane pan today. I also have cut out cookie dough chilling that will get baked tomorrow. Jared and I are working the early shift (6-10am) on Saturday so we are home in time for football! (That was today. We stayed until 11am and then hot and hungry came home to college football.)
No big plans, other than more football after church, for Sunday. Jared's been plugging away at school, so I'm sure he will be working on that this weekend.
Next week is going to be crazy busy! I'm hosting book club Tuesday, our growth group starts again Wednesday (and meets at our house this year), and the big OSC social for the month is Thursday, with the squadron social Friday. Oh yeah... And I start nannying 15 hours a week (M-W, 8-1). Yikes!!

No comments:
Post a Comment