Contrary to what the locals here will tell you, they do not have fall in California. The leaves turn around Christmas and it rains. That's not fall. It is almost October (how did that happen?!) and the average temperatures are still in the 90s.
We have had a few cooler, cloudy days though. Small autumn like gifts. One of those days was this weekend. It even "rained" on Sunday. A few sprinkles that made things damp for about 10 minutes. Exciting! So to help us pretend that it's actually fall I bought some new Yankee Candles, I've had the air conditioner turned up and we've been watching football as much as humanly possible.

This weekend I made the second batch of Swedish meatballs this fall.

Ugh. I've been living in Hawaii for just a few weeks and I already miss fall. We don't have any fall either so I'm doing a fall themed wedding this weekend: pumpkin spiced wedding cake and some kind of fall salad and baked beans. Hopefully some kind of cider punch as well. I really need to pick up some fall candles to life my spirits!
ReplyDelete