I wasn't kidding when I said I was busy! I haven't had a spare minute to update the blog.
Tuesday morning I attended a planning meeting for our squadron's 70th birthday bash. It's going to be an entire weekends' worth of big events in February. Lots to do; J of course is most looking forward to the golf tournament if he's around. Then that evening I went to the squadron book club. We didn't read a book this month (thank goodness!) but we all brought children's books that we loved at Christmas.
Wednesday I volunteered with operation cookie drop. What an undertaking. Literally thousands upon thousands of cookies were baked and donated to give to the single airmen in the dorms here on base. We had so many cookies in fact, that we sent tubs of them to Afghanistan and trays to various offices around the base. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work as well. Wednesday evening I went over to some dear friends for dinner and helped to make Christmas cookies. Lots of of!
Thursday I was busy during the day. I helped host a Christmas event for the Officer spouses on base at a local tea house and then had my doctors appointment off base about my stomach. That was OK... going to have an ultrasound of my abdomen done, a follow up and then probably a scope depending on what they see or don't see. Oy. I'm ready for all this junk to be done; just find something, cure it and move on. I hate the doctors, I hate tests, I hate medications, I hate being sick... and I really hate talking about it all.
Friday was our squadrons Christmas party. it was at the same local country club as last year. Lots of laughs and the food was great. I didn't win a single raffle prize despite buying 35 tickets. oh well; donation to the booster club I guess. I did see a lot of people which was fun.
And Saturday. :) Saturday was the best day by far! Because J came home from his deployment!!!!!! So very blessed and thankful and happy.
Merry Christmas!!

Glad he's back! Happy Holidays!
ReplyDeleteWhich book did you love as a child?
ReplyDeleteThe Animals Christmas Eve (Little Golden Book)
ReplyDelete