C's second year absolutely flew by at light speed. I'm not sure if it was the fact that I was pregnant, or that she finally slept at night and had a predictable nap and daily schedule, but year number two was so much easier and therefore it went by so much faster.
We celebrated her actual birthday in North Dakota with Gigi and without Daddy (who was away at training). It was also the day before we left ND for good, although C didn't know that.
I actually remember a lot more about the day before her birthday. It was 90 degrees; unheard of for May in ND! We all spent the entire day outside. Gigi got the glider and put it on the back patio and held JM. C and I played in water, ate popsicles, went to the park, generally had a blast and totally ignored the fact that I had a million things to do (moving prep, packing us up for 2 months away from home, etc.)
On her actual birthday I hung up her banner. And I found super cute polka-dot balloons to blow up. She was thrilled with the balloons. It was hard to get her to stop moving all day to get a decent picture because she was dancing with, and chasing balloons.
She and I went to Dairy Queen and got special ice cream for her dessert. This girl loves ice cream. She picked out pink sprinkles to go on it and ate the entire thing!
So what is C like at 2? She wakes up happy and talking and singing; and is content to lay in her crib to wake up slowly on her own for quite some time! She's not a huge breakfast eater; but she makes up for that at her other two meals. We go to a music group and play group once a week; she is very outgoing and loves to sing, dance and play with other kids. She gives everyone hugs. She loves getting out of the house and going to town with me. She also is great at eating out at restaurants. She naps in the afternoons at 1 o'clock for 2-3 hours. Bath time is at 6 o'clock and lots of fun. We read a few books, sing a song and then go to bed by 7 o'clock. A lot of times she lays in bed singing and talking to herself for nearly an hour before falling asleep; perfectly content.
She still doesn't have much hair and it is dark blonde. Everyone comments on her big, gorgeous blue eyes and eyelashes. She weighs about 30 pounds, wears size 5 diapers, 6 toddler shoes and 2T clothes. She is very verbal and speaks in small sentences. She loves to read. She also recently has started watching Daniel Tiger and Little Einsteins and really loves them.
She loves her brother. She always wants to know where he is, she wants to hug him, hold him, and help him.
She is truly a joy. I can not believe she is already 2!













beautiful girl. what a fun day.
ReplyDelete