Friday, May 21, 2010

First Flight!

Photograph of a C-17 from the 2008 Vance AFB Air Show

I didn't want to post about this earlier, but Jared had his first flight with his squadron this week! He was only gone for the day as part of an exercise, but he did get some stick time and hours and all went well!


Now that he will be flying actual missions and not just training I probably wont post about his work a whole lot and if I do it will be after the fact and pretty vague. Not trying to leave anyone out of the loop, but there are rules and safety issues about this sort of thing.


So anyway; big mile stone for Jared. He actually flew with a Lt. Col. doing his last flight. The Lt. Col. thought it was pretty ironic and gave Jared his coin. (For the non-military folks, coins are a BIG thin in the Military!! Everyone collects them.)


So I guess slowly but surely this is all starting to sink in. We are in the real Air Force now!

1 comment:

  1. Weird huh? The REAL Air Force. Congrats to Jared! Mark just got his first flight (which ended up being incomplete due to weather) last Friday! And he's been in for FIVE years... Took FOREVER to get to this point.

    ReplyDelete


Our life together begins

Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers