Monday, May 30, 2011

Captain Scherff

Because today, May 30th, is Memorial Day J's promotion ceremony was held last Thursday, May 26th. 11 Lt's were promoted to Captain!
 Taking their oath
 Shaking the commanders hand
 A few words about J

Putting on his rank (which was paper and duct tape! Classy)

 All the new Captains

 Everyone who got promoted chipped in for pizza, drinks and a cake to share with the squadron after the ceremony. So now J is a Captain! I'm so proud of him. His real rank (sans paper and duct tape) is ready to go for work tomorrow. I just have to take in the other half of his flight suits for new rank, we get new IDs on Thursday and then he'll be fully upgraded.

It seems like not so long ago that we were at our first assignment in Dover and I thought Captains were so old and wise and far away... :-)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! :) It will seem like he will be a Capt. forever. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Woohoo for big pay raises!! =) I don't remember Mark ever having a ceremony for his pinning. I think we were between moves though. Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooooooooooo proud! Loveyoubunches!!!!!

    ReplyDelete


Our life together begins

Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers