J spent most of the day in Napa golfing with buddies from work. So I spent the afternoon with a friend. It really is the small things in life: Window shopping, iced chai tea lattes and pastries from Panera, new OPI nail polish shades (one of which is taupe, I feel so trendy).
Our last stop was the reason we had been hanging out all afternoon, our first CSA pick up of the year! CSA = community sustained agriculture. A local farm, not even 15 minutes away, grows organic fruits and veggies. They have various drop sites (as well as goods at our farmers market) on a weekly basis. So our two families went in on it this year! We are sharing a box and after a rather interesting 45 minute adventure... we located the boxes!! Now that we know where the pick up is, we're good to go.
This weeks box contained:
Green Garlic: CA. early white
Spring Onions: red
Lettuce: red cross
Strawberries: camarosa
Radishes: easter egg mix
Braising mix: ovation greens mix
Summer squash: costata romanesco & zephyr
Holy toledo!! I'm so glad we're sharing the single share. Half is just perfect for J and I (the photo shows a half share, so our box was double that). Our box even came with a news letter explaining what in the heck braising mix is (a blend of Asian greens; fresh and slightly peppery), how to clean and store the items we received this week, a few recipes to try and even information about when the crops were planted.
We haven't eaten anything yet, but I will keep you updated on our first ever CSA adventure. The California growing season is looooong and we'll be getting a box every week until December.


No comments:
Post a Comment